Optical Assistant Cover Letter
Optical Assistants assist optometrists with a broad range of tasks to ensure top-level patient care and service. Typical activities performed in this role include basic eye testing, lens and frame recommendations and fittings, medical data compilation, and recordkeeping. A solid understanding of basic optometry knowledge and superior interpersonal skills are important in this role.
Our collection of cover letters for Optical Assistants reveal the following skills and qualifications to be of value:
- General vision care
- Basic optometry/eye testing
- Insurance authorization
- Scheduling and appointment management
- Customer/patient service
- Supply/inventory management
- Front desk reception
A sample cover letter for an Optical Assistant with comparable qualifications and experience follows.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Optical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. O’Donnell:
When I learned of your search for a new Optical Assistant to join your clinical team, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled and customer-centric professional with more than six years of experience supporting optometrists in both clinical and administrative functions, I could make a significant contribution to O’Donnell Vision in this role.
Performing basic eye tests, recommending lenses and frames, and gathering patients’ medical information—along with providing accurate and thorough customer attention to stimulate repeat and referral business—define my career accomplishments. My expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and measurements makes me ready to vitally impact your team’s performance at O’Donnell Vision.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Serving as a comprehensive source for all aspects of optometry care and support as an Optical Assistant with LensCare Seattle, from testing and fittings to repairs and customization; able to assess and resolve a broad range of optometry concerns.
- Communicating effectively and openly with clients to ensure appropriate product, correct fit, and maintenance, resulting in optimum levels of client service and retention.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of insurance plans; authorizing procedures and educating patients on their optical coverage.
- Utilizing fastidious attention to detail to achieve precise, proper equipment and minimize unnecessary operating costs and patient inconvenience.
With my keen knowledge of basic optometry operations and my dedication to excellent patient care, I am ready to extend my record of success with O’Donnell Vision. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Nathan P. Anaya
Optometrist Assistant Resume Objective
The assistant to an optometrist performs many necessary clerical and administrative duties such as scheduling appointments, filing and maintaining records, and executing billing functions. He or she may also perform basic clinical job duties such as testing vision and eye function, preparing and cleaning equipment, and other functions which vary by location. A well-stated objective is an opportunity to display that you possess the demeanor and communication skills which are necessary to succeed in this type of position.
What The Optometrist Assistant Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
Workers in this occupation spend a lot of time interacting with patients, so it’s ideal to discuss your interpersonal skills, sensitivity, and desire to help others. Highlight any previous experience working in medical environments or similar clerical duties performed in other fields. Other good qualities to emphasize include attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a strong ability to manage one’s time. A talent for multi-tasking is desirable for many administrative roles, as are strong organizational skills. Consider mentioning any pertinent knowledge of the field including any medical training as well as familiarity with corrective eyewear.
Sample Optometrist Assistant Resume Objectives
Your objective statement should describe the qualities which set you apart as an ideal candidate while illustrating your genuine desire to work for that particular company. Always reference the business by name to convey vested interest.
1. Seeking to obtain optometrist assistant position with ABC Company which will allow utilization of good interpersonal and organizational skills.
2. Administrative professional seeks optometrist assistant position at ABC Company to employ four years of experience bookkeeping, scheduling, and providing excellent customer care.
3. Outgoing individual seeks optometrist assistant role with ABC Company to deliver outstanding customer service and to utilize two years of experience of clerical work in a fast-paced office setting.
4. Detail-oriented individual seeks optometrist assistant position at ABC Company that will benefit from good communication skills, friendly demeanor, and focus on accuracy.
5. Motivated administrative professional seeks optometrist assistant position with ABC Company to utilize strong organizational and time management skills to provide exceptional patient care and staff support.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.