A selection of 15 great topics to explore in a European history research paper
Most of us desire to get to the college but once we get there, things may seem so overwhelming. You need maximum concentration, copy all the notes, do the assignments and pass all the exams. Once you are in your final year, you will be required to complete a research paper that meets the lecturer’s standards. This is something that is a requisite before one can complete the course. This seems difficult to some students but the truth is that, if you practice, everything becomes so easy. All you need to do is to make research habitual.
Before you can commence your writing, you need a fresh topic that can attract the reader’s attention. This is not something easy to achieve. If you are a rookie, you have to pull up your socks and maintain high standards throughout the writing process.
What topic should you choose?
Choosing a great topic is something that many people find it challenging and therefore, they end up composing poor quality content. If you do not know what to craft about, then you cannot achieve your target. Ask any expert writer and they will clearly let you know the truth: A top notch research paper topic needs to contain the following features:
- It should be an unparalleled and a fresh topic: What it means by a fresh topic on European history is that, it has to be something that no one has crafted about before. Some topics are clichés and if you opt to select them, no one will ever be attracted to your work. This therefore means that, you have to conduct some in-depth exploration before you can choose on a given topic.
- Precise: A good topic needs to directly point out what the writer wants to talk about. Every aspect should be very clear and nothing should be hidden. Therefore, you need to avert from unnecessary repetition and use simple terms that can easily be comprehended.
One great subject that has not been explored by multiple writers is European history. This is therefore a subject you can choose to craft your topic. Below are 15 great research paper topics about European history to explore:
- What reasons let to the abolishment of slavery?
- What is the value of the ancient accomplishments in the ancient European history?
- What are the adverse effects of the Second World War on the economic development of European countries?
- What were the contributions of the Soviet Union towards the unity of the European countries?
- What are the major differences between the ancient systems of ruling from the modern ones in European history?
- What was the major cause of the Europeans starting slavery in their colonial territories?
- In comparison to the present system, what was the women’s position in power in the ancient Europe?
- What were the major hindrances in the ancient foreign policy of Russia?
- What were the factors that led to the Second World War and how did it affect European nations?
- Did the countries that participated in the Soviet Union achieve their goals?
- How did the Venetian history affect the present Europe?
- Did women have any position in the history of Germany?
- What led to the rise of African resistance to the colonial rule?
- Are there any variations between the European ruling policy and that of America?
- What led to the rise of the European liberalism?
A List Of Top 15 Narrative Essay Topics In European History
Writing a narrative essay is an interesting task. Unlike other essay types, this requires the students to use first person and the write paper like a personal experience or narrative. This is interesting because readers find your paper easy to follow and relate to when it includes a personification. If this is your first time writing such a paper then you need to do some reading and perform some research for the type of the paper. Even though the format for all paper is same, (introduction, body, and conclusion) but the style and approach will change in different types. You need to read expert written papers and follow them as a guide. Understand how professional writers address such papers
If you are familiar with narrative essays but not European history, then you need to understand your subject. The best way to do this is to find out the major divisions of the history and determine which one you want to address. You need to decide whether you want to talk about wars, military actions, religion, politics, disease, a certain era, governments, leadership styles, imperialism, social structures, development, science and technology, education, culture, art or lifestyles. Once you have your major division, it will be easier for you to perform a literature review, gather your data and writer your paper. Remember to select that area which you are passionate about. For example, if you like to talk about arts then you should focus on that specific area instead of writing about war or politics
This article contains sample topics for students to help them write their essay in European history. Remember that these are only samples and you need to develop your own ideas
Narrative topics in European History
- The role of women in French revolution
- Witchcraft in the old England and the gender biasness as witches were doubted to be women only
- How did the east European Jewry develop
- An insight to the Dreyfus affair
- Ismail Pasha and Muhammad Ali and their reforms in Egypt
- The impact of English Revolution on the lifestyle of the people
- The causes of world war 1
- The causes of world war 2
- How was Aztec Army different from ordinary military organizations
- Alfred Crosby and the Columbian exchange
- Consequences of the world wars on the European trade
- Feudalism in Europe